There is a small unisex toilet, with one sink, by the entrance to the front door
on the ground floor, which is available to guests during the day/evening and is step
- The toilet door width is 750 mm (30 inches)
- There is one vertical rail beside the toilet to the left.
- The toilet is well lit with a single fluorescent overhead light.
- There are lever taps on the sink.
- The toilet is 380 mm (15 ins) high
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of
ceiling and table-lamps.
The hallway is level and original pine flooring.
There are no steps from the front door or on the ground floor.
There is a flight of thirteen (12 inch depth) stepped stairs, a turn and then 5 further
stairs to the first floor guest bedrooms. There are ten stepped stairs, a turn and
then a further 7 stairs to the second floor.
The stairs are carpeted and there is a hand rail on the right hand side.
The house is fully centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in
each room to suit individual requirements.
There is a fire extinguisher on each floor.
We have a fully automated fire alarm system throughout the hotel and are completely
The guest lounge is situated on the ground floor with step free/level entry from
the front door and stairs.
- The door opening to the dining room is 750 mm/29.5ins wide.
- There is a step up to the patio doors that open into the garden.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs as well as some high
chairs, together with a low coffee table.
- Lighting is natural daylight, with overhead lighting used as well as table lamps
around the room
- The flooring is original wooden floor boards.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets
All rooms have en-suite bathrooms.
The ground floor bedroom en-suite bathroom offers the following:
- A level entry, step free walk in shower
- The toilet height is 400 mm/15.7ins
- Seat raisers and shower seats where required
- The wash basin height is 900 mm/35 ins
- Lever taps on the washbasin
- Grab rails, vertical, to the right of the shower
- Vertical grab rails to the right side of the toilet
- Well lit with overhead lights and a fluorescent light over mirror
- Non-slip tiled flooring
- Movable Freeway hoist
Wheelchair Access Restriction
The construction of the building on the first and second floors does not easily lend
itself to adapting our en-suite bathrooms to meet the desired standards for disabled
access. As such we do not have an en-suite room that is dedicated and specifically
designed for a person in a wheelchair or those with severe mobility problems on these